Organize a Conference
Do you want to help shape the future of bioscience research? FASEB invites your proposals for new Science Research Conferences (SRCs) that explore leading-edge bioscience and primary research.
By bringing a meeting focused on emerging science to the FASEB SRC Series, you are able to advance international discussion in your field and quicken research in academic, industrial, and government laboratories.
Not sure how? Start here: Be a FASEB SRC Organizer and SRC Quick Start Guide for Organizers.
About Our Organizers
FASEB SRCs are organized by leading biomedical researchers from around the world. Conferences give the biological and biomedical community a space to present and discuss new and innovative research in those areas undergoing rapid scientific advances.
It is expected that conferences will be of interest to a minimum of 100 participants (including speakers). Organizers typically raise $25,000 USD in sponsor support (in addition to a $10,000 contribution from FASEB) to participate.
All scientific aspects of the conference, marketing, and fundraising are driven by the organizers. Accepted conferences receive assistance from FASEB with site selection, contracting, marketing, grant writing support, and logistics management.
To submit a proposal, potential organizers are not required to be affiliated with FASEB. All conferences are scheduled two years in advance.
Why You Should Submit a Proposal
- Be an integral part in advancing research in your field;
- Provide an important channel for exchange of information with researchers in your field;
- Empower early career investigators in your field with invaluable opportunities for career development, networking, mentoring; and
- Rely on FASEB's experienced meeting planning, marketing, and grants management staff to help you plan, promote, generate support for, and manage your conference.
Upcoming Proposal Application Deadline
- New and previously held FASEB SRCs - September 30, 2020
- Only previously held FASEB SRCs - February 10, 2021
Proposal Review and Decision
Proposals submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by the FASEB SRC Advisory Committee in the fall and spring. Three to six weeks after the review, you will receive a letter with the committee’s decision. Once approved, conferences will choose a venue in the spring of 2020. The FASEB Grants Proposal Manager will then be in contact with you to begin sponsorship efforts, and a FASEB Conference Manager will be assigned to your conference who you will work closely with on all planning and logistics thereafter.
Got questions about submitting a proposal? Email us.