Non-Federal Travel Award
Travel Award Opportunity/ SDB Travel Awards
Due to generous sponsorship, we can provide several travel awards for US-based or overseas delegates (at student, postdoc and junior investigator level). The standard award will be $400, although we have a limited number of larger awards for those coming from overseas (special consideration will be given to those from areas not well-represented at previous meetings (e.g. South America, Asia or Africa)).
We also have five $400 travel awards specifically for Society of Developmental Biology members at student, postdoc and junior investigator level. Please make sure your SDB membership is up-to-date to be eligible.
The RNA Localization and Local Translation Conference
Multiple awards will be available. Most awards will be $400. Some larger awards may be available.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Must commit to attending the entire conference.
- Must be one of the following:
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Graduate Student
- Early-Career Investigator/Assistant Professor
Special consideration will be given to:
- Attendees from areas not well-represented at previous meetings (e.g. South America, Asia or Africa).
- Society of Developmental Biology (SDB) members
How to Apply
Please submit using the Travel Award Application Form.
Please be prepared to submit the following in the form:
- An abstract between 150 and 300 words (including the title, authors and institution);
- A brief letter of support from your supervisor/mentor*
*Mentor attestation is not required for Early-Career Investigators/Assistant Professors.
The deadline for travel award applications is the 30th April 2019. Successful applicants will be informed by 8th May 2019. Those who have not registered for the meeting at this time will be provided with a discount code that can be applied when registering. Attendees who have already registered will be given the award at or after the meeting. Any queries about travel awards should be directed to SRCTrainee@faseb.org.