Abstracts & Posters
If you choose to present a poster at the conference, please submit an abstract when registering. Abstracts must be submitted by the deadline (review your conference miscrosite for deadlines). Abstracts submitted are reviewed by the conference organizers. If you submit an abstract, plan on giving a poster presentation unless notified otherwise by either the conference organizers or FASEB staff. If you would like to submit a second abstract, please email it to the conference organizer for approval.
Update your submitted abstract: Once registrered, you may make modifications to your abstract up to the day before the start of the conference. Please click the link provided to you in your registration receipt email titled ‘FASEB Science Research Conferences Receipt’.
Option to present a short talk: During registration you may show your interest in presenting a short talk by selecting the button “I would like to give a short talk.” Attendees will be notified by the organizers approximately 3 weeks before the conference if selected to present. You will present a poster. Inital abstracts must be submitted by the last day to register deadline to be considered for short talk.
- Be prepared to upload an abstract at the time of registration. FASEB does not accept abstracts via email. Submitting an abstract is optional for conference attendees. Invited speakers are required to submit an abstract of their presentation.
- Abstracts submitted for the FASEB Science Research Conferences are reviewed and approved by the Conference Organizers, who reserve the right to decline any submitted abstract that lacks scientific content or merit, or merely announce the availability of a resource or service. It is inappropriate to submit an abstract with an obvious commercial intent.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the last day to register deadline to be considered for short talk. If you are selected for a short talk, you will be notified approximately 3 weeks prior to the start of the conference.
- Modifications to abstracts may be made up until the day before the start of the conference via the link provided on the registration confirmation email.
- For abstract withdrawals, please contact the FASEB SRC Support Team in writing. Withdrawn abstracts ae not permitted for presentation.
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- Use proper sentence formatting, including upper and lower case letters, and single space paragraphs as appropriate.
- Abstracts are limited to 3,000 characters, including spaces.
- Abstracts should include Background, Hypothesis, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Enter the abstract title, author(s), and affiliations in the fields provided and do not repeat this information in the body of the text.
- List the primary/presenting author first. The primary author is expected to present in person at the conference. Please include additional co-authors.
- Abstracts should not include lists, tables, figures, display equations, footnotes, or references.
- Inserting Images or Text: For best results, cut and paste your abstract text from a word document into the abstract text area provided. You may also type content into the abstract text area. Images and charts may be included. When pasting an image in the abstract first click inside the text box. Use the “insert” icon in the toolbar to insert your image. When pasting from Microsoft Word, click inside the text box. Use the “paste” icon in the toolbar to past your text. Be certain that special characters appear correctly in your abstract upon review.
- A back button is provided at the bottom of each page of the registration. Please do not use the internet browser back button. Information already entered will be deleted.
No printed program will be provided onsite. All submitted and approved abstracts will be made available to registered attendees via a private, conference unique, My Essentials webpage. Attendees will be able to access the conference program and abstracts approximately three weeks before their conference.
Photographs or Video Recording Policy
Photographs or Video recording by attendees/speakers during any portion of a FASEB SRC conference is prohibited without prior written permission of the author/presenter, organizers and FASEB SRC staff. Photographing slides of oral presentations and posters and recording of scientific and other sessions without permission is prohibited.
All attendees who have submitted an abstract (except for invited speakers) are expected to present a poster. The date and time of your poster presentation will be provided on the My Essentials webpage. Typically, poster boards measure 4 ft high by 8ft wide in the United States, but may vary depending on location. Poster numbers and pushpins will be provided.