Eligible Scientific Meetings and Conferences
The purpose of the MARC Program is to achieve greater participation in the biomedical and behavioral research enterprise of this country by individuals from underrepresented groups. Therefore, participant selection will take into consideration whether an individual’s participation would help achieve the overall goals and objectives of the MARC Program. For more information, please see NIH's Diversity Statement: "Notice of NIH's Interest in Diversity" (NOT-OD-15-053).
The FASEB MARC Travel Awards for FASEB Society-Sponsored Scientific Meetings and ABRCMS are $1,850 per award, unless otherwise stated in award confirmation letters. NOTE: Not all of the meetings listed are eligible for FASEB MARC Travel Award funding.
ATTENTION: All complete travel award application packets must be received by the FASEB MARC Program Office by 5:00 PM (Eastern Time) on the related application receipt deadline date. ALL late and/or incomplete application packets will be DECLINED upon receipt.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY
Complete FASEB MARC Travel Award Applications (including forms, supporting documentation, support letters, etc.) must be received in the FASEB MARC Program Office located in Bethesda, Maryland no later than 5:00 PM (ET) on the MARC Application Receipt Deadline dates listed below for the related meeting. Incomplete applications/application packets or late applications/application packets will be DECLINED upon receipt. (Do NOT submit applications with missing documents or missing information. They will be declined upon receipt.)
- Information for ABRCMS Meeting Applicants (PLEASE READ)
1) Poster/Oral Travel Awards are for Undergraduate Students Only.
2) If you received a FASEB MARC Program Travel Award for the ABRCMS meeting in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011and 2010, you are NOT ELIGIBLE to receive funding for the ABRCMS 2016 meeting from the FASEB MARC Program. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
3) If you are a student who participated in the ABRCMS meeting in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011and 2010, you are NOT ELIGIBLE to receive funding for the ABRCMS 2016 meeting from the FASEB MARC Program. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Poster/Platform travel awards are no longer available for international meetings. (NOTE: Meetings held in Mexico are international meetings; however, following the National Institutes of Health travel policy for meetings held in Canada, an exception is made for meetings held in Canada, which now fall under NIH domestic travel guidelines.)
- We are not allowed to provide travel awards for Undergraduate Students or Post-Baccalaureates to attend/participate in meetings held outside of the USA.
Last Updated: 12/24/15
The FASEB MARC Program is funded by two grants from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, National Institutes of Health. [T36-GM08059 and T36-GM08637].