FASEB MARC Student Preparation and Mentoring Workshop and Travel Awards Program
ABRCMS 2015 - November 10-14, 2015 - Seattle, Washington
FASEB MARC Student Preparation and Mentoring Workshop
The FASEB Office of Sponsored Programs, Diversity and Grants Administration will sponsor the "FASEB MARC Student Preparation and Mentoring Workshop"
during the ABRCMS 2015.
The workshop will begin on the afternoon of Tuesday, November 10, 2015
, and continue with other structured peer/faculty mentoring activities throughout the conference.
The purpose of the workshop is to provide the FASEB MARC-supported poster/oral presenter travel award recipients with opportunities to practice their presentations and obtain feedback from the designated workshop mentors/coaches. Travel award recipients will be assigned an ABRCMS 2015 meeting peer/near-peer mentor
who will assist the travel award recipients with their presentation practice sessions, in addition to providing other types of formal and informal mentoring and advising during the ABRCMS 2015 meeting.
ATTENTION: This is a MANDATORY participation travel award activity. DO NOT apply for this travel award if you do not wish to participate, or are not certain about your ability to participate in this structured mentoring program and activity. If you apply and are approved to receive a mentored poster/platform presenter travel award and later change your mind about participating in the structured mentoring program and activities, your entire travel award will be rescinded and cancelled completely, and you will not be reimbursed for any expenses you have already incurred/or will eventually incur.
FASEB MARC Mentored Poster/Platform Presenter Travel Awards
FASEB MARC is offering a limited number of travel awards of (up to $2,050) for each undergraduate student to help defray meeting registration and travel-related expenses associated with ABRCMS 2015 attendance. These funds are meant to defray meeting registration, air, ground, lodging/subsistence expenses only. NOTE: Travel awards are processed as reimbursements after the meeting. Original receipts will be required in order to receive reimbursement. The maximum amount to be reimbursed for meeting registration/travel-related expenses is $2,050.
Undergraduate Students who wish to be considered for travel award funding must:
- Be a USA Citizen or a Permanent Resident of the USA. (A copy of one of the following documents will be required: USA Passport ID Page, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of United States Citizenship, Consular Registration of Birth Abroad, or Permanent Resident “green card’ will be required.)
- Advance register for the meeting by October 19, 2015.
- Follow abstract submission guidelines.
- Submit your abstract and appropriate materials by the deadline date for the meeting you are applying for. NOTE: When applying to attend the ABRCMS meeting, please submit your travel award application to FASEB MARC Program at the same time you submit your abstract to ABRCMS. When you receive your notification letter indicating that your research abstract will be programmed and included as a poster or oral presentation as part of the ABRCMS 2015 Program, you may complete the application process by submitting the confirmation letter ASAP, and prior to 14 calendar days before the start of the ABRCMS Meeting. Failure to complete this process will void your travel award application.
- DOWNLOAD: Mentored Poster/Platform Presenter Travel Award Application Form
- DOWNLOAD: Mentored Registration Only Award Application Form
APPLICATION RECEIPT DEADLINE: September 25, 2015 at 5:00 PM EDT. Please note that the Application Receipt Deadline is FIRM, so apply early! We do not accept piecemeal submissions. Incomplete and/or Late Application Packets will be DECLINED UPON RECEIPT.
TRAVEL AWARD APPROVAL NOTIFICATIONS will be mailed AFTER the published deadline date and after all travel award applications have been received, processed and reviewed. We will not have approvals on a rolling basis.
For further information, contact:
FASEB Office of Sponsored Programs, Diversity and Grants Administration
9650 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814-3998
The FASEB MARC Program is funded by two grants from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, National Institutes of Health. [T36-GM08059 and T36-GM08637]